Ask someone a question that they don’t know the answer to and chances are they’ll tell you to “Google it”. Think about that for a second. The act of searching Google is so common today, it’s actually become a verb for finding answers. No wonder Google is the biggest source of new, ‘I’m ready to buy now’ leads in business.
In fact, more people are searching Google today than ever before. The latest figures indicate that there are, on average, nearly 6 billion searches a day in Google, that’s more than 68,000 searches a second!
So what do you think people looking for services in your industry are doing? Searching Google of course! And when they do they’re either finding you, or one of your high ranking competitors, it really is that simple. Have you seen these revealing statistics about Google search results? They reveal what each spot on a Google results page is worth in terms of the traffic it sends to your website.
Average Google Results Page Rank
- Total % of Clicks to Top 2Page 1 Rankings
- Total % of Clicks to Top 5 Page 1 Rankings
- Total % of Clicks to Page 1 Rankings Positions 6-10
- Total % of Rankings Page 1 in Google
Average Traffic Share
- 32.5% of Clicks
- 17.6% of Clicks
- 50.1% of Clicks
- 11.4% of Clicks
- 8.1% of Clicks
- 6.1% of Clicks
- 75.7% of Clicks
- 4.4% of Clicks
- 3.5% of Clicks
- 3.1%of Clicks
- 2.6%of Clicks
- 2.4%of Clicks
- 16% of Clicks
- 91.5% of Clicks
These results reveal the incredible advantage that the top ranking websites on Google have over all other sites and show that, in reality, you’re either ranking in the top 5 positions in Google, or you pretty much don’t exist. That’s because the difference in clicks generated from traffic in the top 5 and bottom 5 page 1 results is enormous> That’s why we aren’t satisfied with page 1 results, and put our focus on getting you top 5 results.
Here’s the important facts you need to know based on the data in this table.
- On average 50.1 % of all clicks on page 1 go to the top two rankings.
- On average 75.7% of all clicks go to the top 5 rankings.
- On average the bottom 5 search results on Page one (positions 6-10) only account for 16% of clicks
- A no. 1 rank on page 1 is on average 1354% more powerful than a no.10 rank on page 1 (bottom of page 1), and a No.5 Rank is 250% more powerful than a no 10 rank.
- On average a page 1 top 5 ranking is 473% more powerful than a page 1 bottom 5 page ranking, i.e. almost 5 times more powerful.
- On average, the total percentage of clicks going to rankings on page 1 of Google is 91.5%, while only 4.8% and 1.1% go to pages 2 and 3 respectively!
- While most other SEO’s either refuse to guarantee results, or prefer to focus on Page 1 results, at Click Campaigns we like to set our sights on the top 5 rankings, because that’s where the traffic is.